CDL Class A Truck Driver (CDL Driver) - Omaha, Nebraska
As a Class A CDL Driver, your responsibilities will include statewide driving responsibilities of hauling, handling and transporting material overnight, Sunday through Thursday, to our facilities throughout Nebraska.
- Provides delivery of material to customer sites. Maintains delivery vehicle in clean, good working condition and monitors maintenance and mileage data.
- Maintains daily driver logs and vehicle inspection sheets. Provides for regular maintenance and cleaning of vehicles. Schedules Department of Transportation (DOT) and state mandated inspection visits as required.
- Completes truck summary, driver’s log and other backup detail daily and forwards all the information to the corporate office on a weekly basis in order to be processed timely. Updates appropriate records.
- Must be observant and adhere to all local, state and federal traffic and safety regulations.
- May check and pack material to be delivered. Must have a full understanding of truck routes and may coordinate deliveries with our own trucks, assigned freight companies or other carriers based on special requests or the best way to ship material. May maintain shipping equipment and must keep work area clean and safe.
- May perform warehouse functions including, but not limited to, order filling, stocking shelves, processing returns, receiving and shipping as needed. Assists with loading and unloading material at the branch and customer locations.
- May receive incoming freight and checks the material for damages or shortages. Distributes material to the proper stock locations. Fills special orders and backorders as material is received. Follows up with appropriate departments, carriers and vendors on receiving discrepancies, damages and shortages. Maintains a clean and safe working area.
- Performs all aspects of the job as accurately and efficiently as possible while providing exceptional customer service at all times. Willingly performs and assists with other duties and projects as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- This position requires the ability to lift more than 75 pounds on an occasional basis, move up to 25–50 pounds on a frequent basis and move up to 20 pounds on a constant basis. This position may require constant standing and walking. These requirements must be met with or without accommodation.
- Prefer a minimum of a two-year business or trade degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Prior warehouse distribution experience including forklift operation and good knowledge of electrical products and systems is preferred.
- Minimum of 21 years of age is required. A valid Class A CDL driver’s license for the state of residence along with a current medical certification is required.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
A post offer drug screen and physical is required.
3E is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.