Warehouse Operations Manager - Windsor Heights, IOwa
The Warehouse Manager oversees the receiving, material handling and shipping responsibilities in our 75,000 square foot distribution facility. This position is responsible for the completion of inventory cycle counts and accuracy for over 15000 SKU’s and in excess of $10M in inventory. The position will be supported by a warehouse labor foreman. The position also acts as a liaison between the operations management, IT, purchasing and sales positions.
- Provides leadership, guidance and training in all warehouse functional areas, including shipping, receiving, warehousing, cycle counting and material handling. To include but not limited to, equipment, software, and company policies and procedures.
- Manage daily warehouse operations and service levels to assure accurate and timely end processing of customer orders in the most efficient manner.
- Coordinates with the appropriate departments on a daily basis to ensure the highest level of customer service and on-time delivery are maintained.
- Organize products within the warehouse for optimal efficiency in assembling and loading customer orders with safety, precision and speed.
- Assures the highest standards are maintained for safety, housekeeping, and compliance with all government and company standards. Conduct and record regular safety meetings and trainings.
- Troubleshoots all receiving and shipping complaints to find the cause, help resolve the issue and prevent reoccurrence.
- Leads continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain proper workflow through efficient use of space and personnel using lean management principles.
- Coordinates transportation logistics for truck deliveries and driver schedules.
- Manage warehouse resources, shipping supplies and other consumables, including minor facility maintenance.
- Supervisor assigned employees, including assessing and planning for overtime needs.
- Inspect, protect and maintain company facilities, equipment, vehicles and all other assets.
- Create a system to measure system throughput and set goals and expectations for all positions.
- Lead the implementation of Total Warehouse Logistics bar code scanning software.
- Preferred candidate will possess five (5+)years of supervisory experience in warehousing operations.
- Education or training in logistics, operations and inventory management desired.
- Understanding of inventory management theories a must.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), ability to multi-task and strong leadership skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends if requested.
3E offered a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) and paid time off. EOE. Post offer background check, physical and drug screen required.