Industrial Controls Project manager - West des Moines, Iowa
Our Engineered Solutions Group in West Des Moines has an immediate opening for an Industrial Controls Project Manager.
Manage projects related to industrial control panels built in our West Des Moines facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work independently under the guidance of the panel shop manager.
- Work with customers to determine their requirements and assist in preparing quotes.
- Create electrical control schematics using AutoCad Electrical.
- Prepare project documentation and quality control paperwork.
- Program/configure devices such as VFDs, PLCs, HMIs, Digital Meters, Sensors, etc.
- Work with the purchasing dept to order material as needed.
- Monitor incoming material for jobs to insure components are arriving in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance to panel shop personnel in the construction of control panels.
- Provide troubleshooting support to customers for electrical and automation products.
- Travel to customer facilities to provide start-up services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers and vendors.
- Effectively use productivity enhancement tools such as cell phones, laptop, software, email, etc.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technology or an Associate’s Degree in electrical control / automation, with work experience would be considered. AutoCAD experience and knowledge of NEC & UL codes a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is required.