Purchasing Agent - Davenport/Burlington, Iowa
We have an immediate opening for a Purchasing Agent. This position can be located in Davenport, Iowa or Burlington, Iowa.
Coordinate activities for our Davenport and Burlington branches involving procuring goods and services such as equipment, tools, parts, and supplies, for organization by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reviews sales orders.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries.
- Verifies invoices from suppliers with quotes and purchase orders and approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
Education and/or Experience required:
- High school diploma or equivalent,
- Basic mathematic skills,
- Must have good understanding of electrical and industrial material.
- Good organizational and communication skills,
- The ability to operate and understand basic Microsoft programs such as Excel & Word.
A post offer drug screen and physical is required.
3E is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.