Panel Shop Technician, West Des Moines, Iowa
Our Panel Shop in West Des Moines has an immediate opening for a Panel Shop Technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work independently under the guidance of project managers/shop supervisor.
- Safely operate electrical related hand tools and small tools
- Modify enclosures and back panels per cutout drawings.
- Communicate effectively to others on project status and issues.
- Modify parameters/settings of automation products used in industrial control panels.
- Demonstrate safe work practices while working with energized panels during testing.
- Maintain a sharp attention to detail to ensure complete and accurate panel assemblies.
- Be able to troubleshoot and correct wiring issues during panel testing.
- Occasionally go to customer facilities to provide service of panel shop products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other panel shop employees to promote a team atmosphere.
- Effectively use electrical test equipment such as VOM & Current meters.
Education and/or Experience:
- Formal electrical training and previous work experience wiring electrical products desired.
- Be able to read and understand both ladder style and open face electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of NEC & UL codes a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- A valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required.
A post offer drug screen and physical is required. 3E is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.