Data Comm Sales Specialist - Windsor Heights, Iowa
Looking for a career in the rapidly growing Technology Industry? 3E is looking for qualified, ambitious and sales oriented individuals that are willing to learn the constantly changing world of network infrastructure systems. Prior industry experience a plus but not required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Make sales calls on customers that use Data & Communications products to develop leads, relationships, and sales.
- Work independently under the guidance of sales management.
- Travel through assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Analyze customer's Data & Communications needs and recommend equipment required.
- Display or demonstrate products, using samples or catalogs and emphasize salable features.
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts.
- Prepare quotations conveying price, delivery, and technical information on Data & Communications products to customers.
- Enter customer orders into ordering system.
- Contact company supplier for price, delivery, and technical product information as needed.
- Follow up on orders to ensure delivery in agreed upon time frame.
- Act as an interface with customer and supplier in the resolution of problems, questions, and concerns regarding products or services.
- Issue sales documents and other functions for the completion of an order.
- Pursue ITS educational opportunities and work toward BICSI certification as a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD).
Education and/or Experience required:
- High school diploma or equivalent..
- Basic mathematics and geometry skills.
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Needs the ability to read and understand plans, specifications, and one-line drawings.